Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kids in the Word: Elijah

The Pelsers

This past week, Jonathan and I learned about Elijah. We covered four different stories during this time:

- Elijah is fed by ravens
- Elijah and the widow
- Elijah and the priests of Baal
- Elijah goes to heaven in a chariot

First, we read the corresponding stories from our toddler Bible. Then, I supplemented our Bible reading with two books from the Arch Books Bible Series:





Elijah Helps the Widow and God's Fire for Elijah. I haven't really read books from the Arch series before. Each story is told with colorful pictures and rhyming verse. Jonathan (at almost 3) really engaged with both of these stories. They are a great way to supplement your Bible reading. I'm planning on looking for more of the books from this series!

Art 

I found lots of craft ideas that I posted on Pinterest. Here's what we did. We glued craft sticks down to make an altar and then tore up tissue paper to make flames. (Originally, we marble painted to make flames but then had a friend over so we ended up using tissue paper so both kids could do the craft- similar to this craft.). 




Music 

We reviewed the song "My God is So Big" and talked about how He is the only God we should worship and serve! We prayed that Jonathan and Grace would be bold like Elijah and trust that God would take care of them. 

So that was our lesson this week! Now we're moving on to Josiah. Check out The Pelsers for more ideas for discipling your little ones. God bless! 



3 comments:

Ticia said...

I LOVE Arch books, they're a really great series. I find them from time to time at Half Price books.

Amanda @ Gratefully Growing in Grace said...

I really like how you always post great books you read. It makes my trips to the library faster!
I passed on the Leibster Blog Award to you today.
See it here
http://gratefullygrowingingrace.blogspot.com/2011/10/liebster-blog-award.html
Have a great day!

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

I LOVE finding posts about teaching our children Biblical truths!! Thanks for the book recommendations & the craft is so cute.

I wanted to invite you to link up at TGIF Linky Party (http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties).

I am also your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow me back, if you want =-)
Beth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...